Monday, August 24, 2009

Massive Waves at Peggy's Cove

Written by: Jens

Hurricane Bill was a bit of a fizzle for us. We waited until mid-afternoon at the motel and the wind was up, but not what I was expecting. It rained for a few hours, but not in the volume I thought we would get.

Brad and I decided to drive to Peggy’s Cove, as this might be the only time we would have the chance. As we got closer, every view of the water was wilder than the one before. When we got to Peggy’s Cove, we were greeted by a spectacular view of the largest waves I have ever seen in person. Words really cannot describe the scene. Brad and I sat and watched for quite a while, trying to take it all in. I did take pictures and video.

This is Monday morning, and we were at the club at 7:00 am. By 8:00 am, all the boats had been removed from the buildings, and things put back to normal. Now, we are waiting for the wind to pick up, so the racing can start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment