Monday, August 17, 2009

The First Sail

Written by: Jens

It was an early start today, so Brad could pick up his supplied laser. He got Laser 196127. All the lasers here start with the numbers 196, so the race committee will only have to record the last 3 numbers. Brad then had to put the "CAN" country code designation on the sail. He spent the rest of the morning putting his ropes on the boat.

It was mid-afternoon when he finally got on the water. After he left, I jumped in the van and drove the main road towards Peggy’s Cove looking for a place to watch the sailing. I knew I wouldn’t be able to pick out Brad, but I just wanted to watch. About 10 km up the road, I started towards the water on side roads; there were a lot of them. However, I could not get a good view and that was quite frustrating.

The place we are staying at is on the other side of the bay, which I now think should give better viewing, but it's 30 minutes away by car, and the road is very bendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment