Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Opening Ceremonies and an Approaching Hurricane

Written by: Jens

Today is the opening ceremonies and an official practice race, which should include a race committee (I hope). I have to juggle work and viewing time in order to see as much sailing as possible. I am going to do as much work as I can today to clear the decks, so I can get back to watching the activities.

Earlier today, I had a conversion with a fellow who told me that from Sunday to Monday, we could get hit with the tail end of Hurricane Bill. Apparently it could still be a category 1 hurricane. MMMM!

It is much hazier today than the previous days. From where I sit in the club house, it seems to be windier than before too. I just checked the club weather station, and the wind is gusting 25 knots (about 50 km/hr).

No comments:

Post a Comment