Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy to Be in the Boat Again

Written by: Brad

After picking up my chartered boat (which were randomly selected by drawing numbers), I spent most of the morning sorting out my rigging and setup. It was hot and I was doing all of this in the sun. I drank two Gatorades just from sweating.

Finally, I got my sailing clothes on and hit the water. On the sail out, I received a few good splashes to the face and consequently, the taste of salt. The breeze was about 10-15 knots with some steep waves. I was really happy to be in the boat again, especially sailing in waves. I sailed for a while with 2 guys from Great Britain then decided to head back in, after about 3 hours of sailing.

The Baybreeze, the motel that we are staying at, has a number of the competitors staying there: Germans, Japanese, and a bunch of Spanish speaking sailors from South America. The Japanese sailors are in the unit beside us. We had a long conversation with Ian Hall, one of the Japanese sailors, about all things sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment