Thursday, August 20, 2009

Laundry Landlover

Written by: Jens

Today’s racing is over, and I will let Brad write about his time on the race course. Today, I was still juggling work and wanting to watch the racing. So I worked in the internet area that is set up in the club house until early afternoon, then drove to the other side of St. Margaret’ s Bay, to watch... and do laundry. It seems that Brad didn’t bring enough shirts to get him through without having the laundry done. Lucky for Brad, the laundromat is one of the viewing spots I found the other day.

After the laundry was done, I drove to another location, which was better for viewing. With binoculars, I was able to see the boats, but really could not take in much about the actual racing.

I have heard that the race committee has already decided to cancel the Sunday racing because of Hurricane Bill. This has not been officially announced yet, but I think that it will happen tomorrow. It seems that all the lasers will be stacked into the club house and other areas for protection from Bill. All the sailors are expected to help in the stacking operation, even though these are not their own boats. That will be something to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment