Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Inspection and Rabbit Starts

Written by: Brad

We arrived at the sailing club at about 8:45 to get a front row spot in the boat measurement line. The boat inspectors were checking rigging, sailing number placement and foils. My boat passed inspection, which took only about 5 minutes with several inspectors checking it.

After inspection, I called home and my girlfriend to see how things were going. Following some lunch, I hit the water again in nice breeze blowing a solid 15 knots. I joined in with a huge group of about 70 or so lasers. I thought our rabbit starts with 5 or 6 lasers were interesting, till I tried it with 70 boats. Most of the time you can’t even see where the rabbit is, because of the large number of boats lined up.

I did a couple of short races with this group until Sam Fuller (another Canadian representative) and I sailed upwind for awhile. When we decided to start heading back downwind, I was able to consistently catch waves and keep the boat moving well. After more messing around in the waves, we decided to head back in as did most other lasers who were on the water.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see the picture of your boat Brad.
    Proud of you,enjoy your practice race today and the opening ceremonies.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete